Friday, September 14, 2007

RUN WHILE YOU CAN! SUPER-ADDICTIVE GAMING! MULTIPLAYER JELLY BATTLE!


You have been cautioned. You have been warned! MULTIPLAYER JELLY BATTLE IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED ON NEWGROUNDS!

I found MJB on Newgrounds last night. I tested it out, just a little bit. One more game. One more game...

Four hours later, I was still playing. I couldn't believe it.

MJB pits you not against stale AIs, but hundreds of real-time players, three at a time. There are no Jims, Toms and Rays here. Instead you will fight against Jellies with such pithy names as Fartpaste, DogMonkey, and... Mike Lakewood?!? Everyone starts out at the bottom of the screen. The bottom rows are empty but the top rows, which drop down a row at a time, are loaded with crazy weapons and powerups!

Do you go for a freeze to hit the player resting beneath a mine? Double damage with Jelly Rage? Take away your opponents' powers with a De-Bonus? Turn invisible? Forfeit? Teleport out of danger? Or fire off the mighty Blast, Air Strike, or Nuke?

Whatever you do, the strategy can change in a minute or even a second! If two Jellies land on the same square, you can be sure there will be a fight, called a Jelly Roll. Whichever Jelly gets the highest number, from 1 to 10, gets to stay on the square, and the other Jelly gets shoved off!

As I wrote this, I just survived a fiendish four-way where one lurker kept sniping at me from across the board with Air Strikes and second-guessing me with effective Laser shots. He fired off a nuke at me -- but I had one unit of Shield left! Then I did a Nuke with Jelly Rage, doing 60 out of 100 possible points to him. We struggled across the field, picking up powerups and shooting at each other, till we both jumped on the same square: a Laser. I won the Jelly Roll, knocking him off and doing 15 more points of damage to him. 25 points remained, and I still hadn't fired off the laser. I did, dealt 30 points of damage, and won the game.

And I just got into a fight where a player named Iran got a Nuke... it wasn't pretty. :D And then I played a game where I went as low as 5% health, to battle back on a final Blast while I had double damage (110% damage to him, woo)! But anyway, try the game out. And last of all, make it to Multiplayer mode and get a 20% discount from Logitech!



Add to Technorati Favorites

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 slackbacks: